The winning candidate will act as a significant contributor to our Not-for-Profit Association’s planning team, supporting the Executive Director, while also providing assistance on various projects within the organization.
*Salary Range- $36K to $40K- Work From Home*
Description of Responsibilities:
* Provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director (ED) – prepare correspondence, emails, memos and reports as required. Draft more complex correspondence for review;
* Receive and direct telephone calls as required, appropriately handling calls independently when possible.
* First point of contact for members and stakeholders for inquiries;
* Respond to routine correspondence and requests for information;
* Maintaining internal directories of members and volunteers for use by staff;
* Manage the Annual General Meeting registration system, event participant lists, name tags, and other responsibilities;
* Schedule appointments, coordinate and arrange meetings, teleconference calls, as required;
* Review, photocopy, circulate and organize mail by priority ensuring the ED and Board members receive important/timely pieces as soon as possible;
* Work with the ED to maintain accurate financial records for the organization, including the coding of revenues and expenses, the preparation of cheque requests, account transfers, etc. Track revenues and expenses online;
* Website updates as required;
* Maintain an effective `bring forward` system;
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Attend and provide assistance at the Annual General Meeting;
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
* Proven ability to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines;
* Ability to think critically, suggest changes and upgrades to processes to enhance organizational effectiveness.
* Ability to interact confidently and effectively with colleagues, members, external contacts (e.g. conference speakers, committee members, contracted associates, etc.), as well as the public;
* Good working knowledge of database systems, and software programs including Microsoft Office Suite,PowerPoint, Excel and Word, email and the Internet;
* Bilingual (English and French)
* Above average literacy skills – high level writing, spelling and grammar a necessity;
* Word processing speed, 50 w.p.m.;
* Basic bookkeeping knowledge,( A/R) with on-line accounting system i.e. QuickBooks-OnLine,
* Familiarity or experience working in a not-for-profit environment;
* Three years’ office administration experience;
* Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent).
* Adobe Creative Suite
* CRM Software i.e. Wild Apricot
*Cloud Accounting i.e. QuickBooks Online
* Experience in the recording and transcription of accurate minutes
* Google Analytics
* Basic knowledge of HTML;
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org