The winning candidate will act as a significant contributor to our Not-for-Profit Association’s planning team, supporting the Executive Director, while also providing assistance on various projects within the organization.
All aspects of office administration and basic bookkeeping skills are necessary.
*Salary Range- $36K to $40K- Work From Home*
Description of Responsibilities:
* Provide administrative assistance to the Executive Director (ED) – prepare correspondence, emails, memos and reports as required. Draft more complex correspondence for review;
* Receive and direct telephone calls as required, appropriately handling calls independently when possible.
* First point of contact for members and stakeholders for inquiries;
* Respond to routine correspondence and requests for information;
* Maintaining internal directories of members and volunteers for use by staff;
* Manage the Annual General Meeting registration system, event participant lists, name tags, and other responsibilities;
* Schedule appointments, coordinate and arrange meetings, teleconference calls, as required;
* Review, photocopy, circulate and organize mail by priority ensuring the ED and Board members receive important/timely pieces as soon as possible;
* Maintain accurate financial records for the organization, including the coding of revenues and expenses, the preparation of cheque requests, account transfers, etc. Track revenues and expenses online;
* Website updates as required;
* Maintain an effective `bring forward` system;
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Attend and provide assistance at the Annual General Meeting;
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
* Proven ability to work independently, establish priorities, and meet deadlines;
* Ability to think critically, suggest changes and upgrades to processes to enhance organizational effectiveness.
* Ability to interact confidently and effectively with colleagues, members, external contacts (e.g. conference speakers, committee members, contracted associates, etc.), as well as the public;
* Good working knowledge of database systems, and software programs including Microsoft Office Suite,PowerPoint, Excel and Word, email and the Internet;
* Bilingual (English and French)
* Above average literacy skills – high level writing, spelling and grammar a necessity;
* Word processing speed, 50 w.p.m.;
* Basic bookkeeping knowledge,( A/R) with on-line accounting system i.e. QuickBooks-OnLine,
* Familiarity or experience working in a not-for-profit environment;
* Three years’ office administration experience;
* Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent).
* Adobe Creative Suite
* CRM Software i.e. Wild Apricot
*Cloud Accounting i.e. QuickBooks Online
* Experience in the recording and transcription of accurate minutes
* Google Analytics
* Basic knowledge of HTML;
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume to: email@example.com