Our Federal Government client requires a Senior Chemist for a 26 week contract.
The incumbent will participate in research on Electronic vaping products (EVPs), or e-cigarettes. Duties will include, but are not limited to :
– Perform sample preparation required by study,
– Assisting in and/or performing the analysis to identify and quantify chemicals present in electronic cigarette liquid (e-liquids),
– Operation and maintenance of modern analytical instruments, including high performance liquid chromatography (HPCL), gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC/MS) and gas chromatography-mass (GC/MS),
– Analysing the data resulting from specific studies, experiment or research projects.
The research will include the use of analytical techniques and state-of-the art instruments to meet most chemical analysis challenges and/or requirements associated with testing of e-cigarettes.
– Collect information on constituents of e-liquids and contribute to building a library of chemicals which will provide scientific information on the chemicals present in e-liquids. This information will be communicated in publication sand fact sheets which will form a basis for future product.
– Communicate research results through peer-reviewed publications, project reports and presentations as appropriate.
MANDATORY CRITERIA (resource must have the following)
– Secondary school diploma
– Undergraduate degree in chemistry, biochemistry or other relevant field from a recognized post-secondary institution
– Graduate degree in chemistry, biochemistry or other relevant field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
– Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
Resumes to : firstname.lastname@example.org