Our client, a prestigious Not-for-Profit Association in the Healthcare field is looking to add a Fundraising and Events Manager to their team.
The Fundraising and Events Manager acts as a significant contributor to the Association, taking the lead in planning all aspects of professional meetings and events for the Association and fundraising for the Association and Association Foundation of Canada. Because member attendance in meetings and events is often voluntary, marketing the value of the event is an important aspect of the work of the Fundraising and Events Manager. It will be the responsibility of the manager to plan and oversee the campaigns and events, ensuring success in reaching the targeted audience.
The Association represents more than 14,000 members, member assistants, and member students across Canada.
A recognized team player with a positive attitude, the Fundraising and Events Manager must have strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent interpersonal skills. Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite programs, as well as a detailed member database is also required. The ability to communicate effectively in English and French, both verbally and in writing is desired.
Will be required to work some evenings and weekends, and attend some Association coordinated events.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Fundraising and Events Manager is ultimately accountable for a positive return on earnings for association events and generating donations to the Foundation. Other responsibilities include:
• Plan and host national events including managing time, location and budget;
• Set annual business plan including fundraising goals and strategies to achieve goals for the Foundation;
• Coordinate the logistics of fundraising and events by maintaining an up-to-date critical path, developing templates for event requests, registration, speaker invites, and submission forms, and other critical tools for event planning and fundraising;
• Work with provincial Branches and Divisions to grow the size and reach of national events;
• Meet with staff and external stakeholders to understand the purpose of the meeting or event;
• Plan the scope of the event, including time, location and cost;
• Solicit bids from venues and service providers (for example: AV, registration systems)
• Coordinate event services such as rooms, transportation and food service;
• Ensure deadlines and deliverables are met to host a national event with high member value;
• Plan and execute the Centennial Anniversary Congress of the Association in 2020;
• Act as primary contact and liaison for Congress logistics, including planning for all ancillary and eye-opener meetings;
• Take the lead with a contracted registration system and coordination of event registration;
• Work with Association communications team to develop event marketing, fundraising and communications messages;
• Work with Business Development Manager to coordinate sponsorship and trade show exhibits;
• Manage Association staff schedule and on-site task assignments for events and Congress;
• Train and manage volunteers for events and in fundraising procedures and practices;
• Manage Requests for Proposals and the evaluation of vendor contracts;
• Grow the donor base for the Foundation of Canada;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Post-Secondary degree or diploma in business administration or a related field;
• Minimum of five years event coordination and fundraising experience;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a strong ability to multi-task;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an attention to detail;
• Proven ability to work independently, establish priorities, resolve problems and meet deadlines;
• Ability to interact confidently and effectively with colleagues, members, external contacts (e.g. speakers, contractors, etc.), as well as the public;
• Ability to balance the competing demands of routine work with the special requirements of new priorities, and to pay attention to detail as well as maintain a broad perspective;
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work collaboratively in a team environment;
• Understanding of marketing and how to demonstrate the value of an event to members;
• Ability to think critically, suggest changes and upgrades to processes to enhance organizational effectiveness;
• Ability to craft strong fundraising messages that appeal to potential donors;
• Experience in developing fundraising strategies for an organization;
• Tact, diplomacy, discretion, maturity of judgement and professionalism;
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook;
• Basic knowledge of HTML or website management considered an asset;
• Familiarity or experience working in a not-for-profit environment or professional association;
• Bilingual (English and French) is preferred.
We thank all interested parties, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org