Health Economist- Manager is required for a full time senior role with our Crown Corporation client.
It would be someone that has CADTH or INESSS experience as a health economist and preferably in the pharma realm rather than devices.
Enhanced security clearance is required.
Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in Economics, Sociology or Statistics AND an acceptable specialization in Epidemiology, Mathematics or Public Health, Health Services Research with advanced training and specialization in the evaluation of health technologies.
1. Significant experience in health services research and pharmaceutical evaluation in support of objective evidence based resource allocation aimed at optimizing population health and making recommendations to senior management* on the pharmacoeconomic value of pharmaceuticals.
2. Significant experience in research methods used in the assessment of pharmaceuticals for formulary reimbursement and health technology assessments (e.g., quality assessment of clinical trials, network meta-analyses, observational study design methods);
3. Significant experience in designing and/or conducting economic evaluation and/or budget impact analyses and/or producing reviews;
4. Experience in preparing reports for stakeholders and presenting project/study results to expert audiences;
5. Experience in the peer review process used for scientific and economic advice and/or consulting with clinical and academic experts;
6. Experience in building and maintaining collaborative working relationships with a wide range of internal and external partners or stakeholders;
7. Experience in leading and coordinating the efforts of internal or external research team members to achieve specific objectives and ensure completion of projects within specified deadlines.
1: Knowledge of the Canadian health care system and of the health technology-related decision-making processes within the federal, provincial, and territorial bodies;
2: Knowledge of health economic methods, including with skill in computer-based economic and statistical modelling;
3: Knowledge of research methods used in the assessment of pharmaceuticals for formulary reimbursement and health technology assessments (e.g., quality assessment of clinical trials, network meta-analyses, observational study design methods; economic model structure, model inputs, assumptions);
4: Knowledge of traditional and complex clinical trial designs and related research methods combined with extensive experience with critical appraisal of clinical trials for pharmaceuticals, particularly with complex clinical trial designs (e.g., adaptive trial designs, sequential methods, enrichment designs);
5: Knowledge of key methodological guidance reports and guidelines related to Budget Impact Analysis and the conduct of clinical trials;
6: Knowledge of the Government of Canada policy priorities, an asset;
1: Ability to apply methodological guidance knowledge to the critical appraisal of health technologies;
2: Ability to analyze and synthesize complex information, identify strategic links and make relevant recommendations.
3: Ability to manage and deliver results under pressure, and to adapt to multiple or conflicting priorities under tight timeframes.
4: Ability to independently problem-solve and determine the best course of action using research, logic, and evaluative judgment
5: Strong communication skills including writing, negotiation, facilitation, and the ability to effectively present to and communicate with a large and diverse group of stakeholders.
6: Ability to guide staff in their development of protocols, application of research methods, and in the generation and interpretation of HTA assessments;
Effective interpersonal relationships
Conditions of Employment: Willingness to work overtime and flexible hours during periods of heavy workload;
Willingness to travel on occasion.
Asset Criteria: Experience chairing multi-stakeholder working group or technical expert committees
Experience working with formulary review committees
Experience in conflict resolution
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Forward resumes to: email@example.com