Our exclusive client is a National Trade Association representing Industry Professionals across Canada. They require a Bilingual Administrative Assistant for their Ottawa offices. This is a Not-For-Profit environment.
We are looking for a special type of professional – the “right fit” is as important as the right skill-set. This is a Permanent Position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support to the Executive Assistant to the President & Board in the daily running of the Executive Office.
- Maintains the filing system ensuring best practices on filing protocols and processes as well as document management.
- Minute taking for committee meetings, Board development sessions and Collective Bargaining meetings.
- Provide administrative support in the management of the National Office: ordering supplies, equipment.
- Provides support to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) as required.
- Coordinates deadlines and deliverables with the EA for Board meeting packages.
- Works with venues to plan Board and other organization events.
- Provides support for AGM, Elections and governance processes.
- Other related duties, as required by the Executive Assistant.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive experience in busy office setting. Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated Excel/database use skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task; take the initiative; be proactive; problem-solve; brainstorm; flexible.
- Good judgement; tact.
- Proven project and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and values which facilitate successful performance in a team-based environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work independently.
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Experience in event management is an asset.
- The ability to travel in support of the Executive.
- Experience working within an association is considered an asset.
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume to: email@example.com