Our exclusive client is a National Trade Association representing Industry Professionals across Canada. They require an Administrative Assistant that would report directly to the General Counsel.
Under the direction of the General Counsel, the Administrative Assistant to the Office of the
General Counsel performs duties focused on the general administration of the Counsel’s Office.
● Receive and review correspondence and documents in relation to the General Counsel’s
Office. Direct correspondence appropriately or respond to the matter personally when
appropriate. Assemble outgoing documents and correspondence to ensure they are
properly directed and delivered, ensuring deadlines are met.
● Schedule meetings with staff, elected officials, external counsel, Members, etc. Prepare
meeting agendas and assemble relevant documentation. Reserve meeting rooms,
arrange meals, make travel arrangements and complete expense claims.
● Receive and review legal invoices and prepare invoices for payment.
● Draft briefing memos, letters, reports, minutes and other relevant documents, as
required by the Counsel’s Office.
● Organize and maintain the legal file management system. Ensure the integrity of legal
files and records. Ensure all legal documents are retained, preserved and disposed of
consistent with the requirements of the Law Society of Ontario. Create and maintain an
index of legal files, an index of active and closed files and a legal status report for all
active files. Maintain legal reference material.
● Liaise with the offices of the President, Vice-Presidents, CAO, Regional Directors and all
staff in order to maintain open communication.
● Liaise with retained law firms, coordinate the exchange of relevant information with
these firms and monitor progress on cases.
● Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of legal documents.
● Coordinate deliverables and deadlines and maintain a “bring forward system” for
relevant documents, reports, meetings, etc., on behalf of the Counsel’s Office.
● Perform the full range of other related duties, as required by the Counsel’s Office.
● Completion of a post-secondary program in office administration
● Experience in working in a fast-paced office environment
● Computer skills, including demonstrated skills in Excel/Microsoft Office Suite
● Experience in file management
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Experience in arranging meetings, conferences, travel and hotel accommodations,
setting agendas, and collecting background material
● Ability to analyze, evaluate and extract data to assist in the compilation of reports
● Ability to adapt to changing situations, new ideas and concepts
● Sound judgement and tact
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to work within a team environment
● High level of attention to detail
● Ability to manage competing priorities and maintain a calendar
● Knowledge of labour relations or legal practices, principles and terminology, as well as
an understanding of confidential office practices and procedures
● Bilingualism (English/French) preferred.
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com