Our exclusive client is a National voice (Not For Profit) representing the interests of members with the Federal Government.
They require a Administrative Assistant to provide a complete range of administrative and organizational support for their office operations in Ottawa.
*This position is a 1 year term position*
Bilingualism (English and French) is considered a strong asset.
• Provides administrative support, which includes: calendar management, coordinating meetings, meeting preparation, meeting minutes, tracking documents and deadlines, and providing follow up as needed.
• Event planning
• Teleconference planning (including booking the line, agendas, briefing documents, etc.)
• Coordinates translation and production of documents.
• Coordinates, processes (codes, validates, verifies) and tracks contracts, purchase orders, travel requests, invoices, expense claims and credit card reconciliations. Reviews monthly financial reports and follows-up on any discrepancies.
• Creates and maintains overall electronic and hard copy filing.
• Types, formats and proofreads correspondence and reports, including taking minutes and prepares draft e-mails and letters for internal and external correspondence and mail-outs.
• Coordinates travel arrangements.
• Creates and maintains records in CRM application.
• Provides back-up support to other Administrative Assistants and to the Receptionist
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of three years’ work experience in the provision of administrative support with a strong focus on organizational coordination and customer service.
• Post-secondary education in the area of office administration, business administration or experience that is considered equivalent.
• Strong knowledge of business support processes and tools, and computer business applications (Microsoft Office suite).
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees; experience in dealing with external stakeholders at a senior level, excellent client service skills and professional attitude.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and anticipate needs in a fast-paced environment with some tight deadlines/turnaround times.
• Excellent problem analysis, assessment and resolution/decision making skills – showing attention to detail.
Proven organizational & interpersonal skills.
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org