Our client is a recently formed national union representing ~20,000 members within Canada and internationally. As a member of its new and evolving communications team, you will contribute to work that will have impact and significance on an international, national and provincial level.
They are seeking a fully bilingual early-career communications professional who is a strong writer, organized, politically savvy, dynamic, and comfortable working with traditional media and well-versed in all things social media – including content creation, monitoring and reporting.
The Communications Coordinator is a key support role for the communications team, responsible for organizing and delivering on a wide scope of communications initiatives and projects. This role spans many facets of communications, including Member communications, media coverage and analysis, communications reporting and metrics, and digital/social media content generation, posting and curation.
- Manage social and digital channels to support strategic objectives. This includes planning and ensuring delivery of content as agreed in content calendar, curating and reporting on social media comments, coordinating social and digital advertising spend and placements.
- Oversee social media coordination, including rapid response content preparation and posting to respond to evolving issues and opportunities not contemplated in content calendar.
- Prepare and share regular metrics of social media growth, performance, and sentiment.
- Review and compile regular reports of relevant traditional media coverage to share with Communications team and executives.
- Ensure timely and accurate dissemination of Member Updates, including formatting, coordination of translation, proofreading, selecting distribution lists, and coordinating MailChimp or other chosen software.
- Monitor traditional and social media for emerging issues, breaking relevant stories.
- Monitor key news media pages for breaking stories and developments.
- Arrange and share news alerts of media coverage on evolving issues as requested.
- Support Media Relations Manager in maintaining media database, including contact information, key interests and coverage.
- Support Communications Director and Communications Manager with various writing, research, and coordination projects.
- Help plan coordination of internal and external communications and media events.
Has direct access and responsibility for maintaining social media channels.
Has direct access to third-party media monitoring service and reports.
Has direct access and responsibility for Member mail distribution software (currently MailChimp).
- Diploma or degree in marketing, media studies, communications or public relations.
- 2+ years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Working knowledge of all relevant social media and digital platforms, with a proven track record of managing these platforms (including typical social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and editing skills with high attention to detail.
- Strong research and outreach experience and skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines.
- Self-starter: Able to initiate, prioritize and organize projects and decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity.
- Willingness to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume to: email@example.com