Our exclusive client is a National Trade Association representing Industry Professionals across Canada.
They are seeking a bilingual- media savy- junior Communications person who is Politically savy, comfortable working with traditional media as well as the many ‘social media’ platforms.
This is a unique position and we are looking for a unique candidate.
The Communications Coordinator is a key support role for the communications team, responsible for coordinating a breadth of communications responsibilities and projects. This role spans many facets of communications, including media summaries compiled from third-party reports, proactive communications, media relations, issues management, and digital/social media.
- Coordinate and manage social and digital channels to support strategic objectives
- Review and compile daily report of relevant traditional media coverage and social media, based on report from third-party monitoring service, to share with Communications team and executives
- Closely monitor traditional and social media for emerging issues, breaking relevant stories
- Monitor key news media pages for breaking stories and developments
- Support Media Relations Manager in maintaining media database, including contact information, key interests and coverage
- Support Communications Director and Communications Manager with various writing, research, and coordination projects
- Help plan coordination of internal and external communications and media events
Has direct access and responsibility for maintaining social media channels.
Has direct access to third-party media monitoring service and reports.
- Diploma or degree in marketing, media studies, communications or public relations
- 2+ years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Working knowledge of all relevant social media and digital platforms, with proven track record managing these platforms. (including typical social channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills with high attention to detail
- Strong research and outreach experience and skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines
- Able to prioritize and organize projects and decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com.