Our client is recognized as Canada’s premiere provider of IT Security and Assurance services, and has a client base in 20+ countries around the globe.
They require an IT Security Specialist to join their team in Ottawa.
They are seeking an experienced, technology savvy person with a strong interest in the security of software intensive, real-time systems who want to work within their world-class IT security evaluation labs.
They are adding a systems engineer and/or computer software and hardware specialist interested in the identification of security relevant design weaknesses, implementation flaws, and vulnerabilities.
The work involves the detailed security analysis and testing of a wide range of state-of-the-art networked systems, applications, and technologies including embedded real-time carrier grade telecommunications systems and traditional enterprise class systems.
IT Security Specialist Experience
• Excellent understanding of information security and software vulnerability concepts
• Experience in areas of vulnerability research
• Experience using disassemblers and debuggers (IDA pro, ollydbg, Windbg, etc)
• Knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, etc.)
• Knowledge of the C/C++ programming languages
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
• Experience with static binary and code analysis methods for the identification of security vulnerabilities
• Good written communication skills
Additional desired skills:
• Experience in Vulnerability Assessment and/or Penetration Testing
• IT Security Certification such as OSCP or CEH is an asset
• Experience with and understanding of assembly language (x86, MIPS, ARM)
• Experience with embedded and real-time operating systems
• Software Development is an asset
• Knowledge of malware analysis techniques and tools
Bachelor or Master degree in Comp. Science, Engineering or other relevant technical field, or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
Our client offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed with the local market. Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance plans are offered; RRSP plan with company match; paid time off (vacation; sick, holiday); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
We thank all interest but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Forward resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com