Our client is a National Association representing Industry Professionals across Canada. They require a Legal Services Administrator for their Ottawa offices. A Not-For-Profit environment, this entry level position is ideal for a dedicated and committed professional with one to two years of office experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the organization and maintenance of a legal file management system (Legal Suite).
- Receive and review correspondence and documents related to legal services and billing.
- Draft correspondence, assemble outgoing documents and correspondence to ensure they are properly directed and delivered, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Coordinate deliverables and deadlines and maintain a “bring forward system” for relevant documents and reports.
- Support billing, invoice approvals and external counsel retainer administration using Legal Suite.
- Identify and promptly communicate invoice and retainer overages.
- Facilitate invoice approvals and collaboration with the Finance department.
- College diploma or certificate in Office Administration, Business Administration, or a related field AND some years of experience in office administration or in a related field
- High school diploma with several years (3-5) of experience in office administration or in a related field
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong interpersonal skills and values which facilitate successful performance in a team-based environment
- Experience in busy office setting
- Ability to multi-task; take the initiative; be proactive; problem-solve; brainstorm; flexible
- Excellent database administration skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic accounting skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume to: email@example.com