Our prestigious National Trade Association client requires a full-time Office Assistant to be their on-site support for their downtown Ottawa offices.
The successful candidate will play a key role in helping to ensure their office runs smoothly and team members are supported.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create a positive and welcoming environment for visitors.
- Respond to requests for access to the national office floor from the building lobby.
- Direct visitors to the relevant office/staff; maintain visitor logbook.
- Mail associated duties which include collecting and distribute incoming mail, handling outgoing mail, and mailing machine administration.
- Point of contact for office related concerns/repairs; liaise with Building Manager as required.
- Coordinating courier services (Purolator/FedEx).
- Oversee conference room schedules – avoid booking conflicts.
- Responsible for photocopying and photocopier administration.
- Assist Executive Office team & other departments with catering services for in-office events.
- Assist with publishing updates to website and Member resource centre.
- Assist with accounts payable functions (stamping and filing invoice approvals, communicating with suppliers, etc.).
- Support the Finance Department with administrative tasks as required.
- Assist with in-office IT related issues (copier, printer & video-conferencing plug-ins, etc.)
- Formatting presentations and documents.
- Assist with coordinating translation services through Megalexis.
- Assist Member Services Coordinator with promotional material inventory, ordering, and distribution.
- Contributing member of the Joint Worksite Health and Safety Committee; designated Fire Warden.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- High school diploma with a minimum of three years’ experience in office administration/office setting.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office productivity tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills and values which facilitate successful performance in a team-based environment.
- Ability to multi-task; take the initiative; be proactive; problem-solve; brainstorm; flexible.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Sound judgement and tact.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations, new ideas and concepts.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org