*** Must know ADP payroll systems***
Our client requires a payroll specialist for their Ottawa Offices.
Strong background in ADP payroll systems is a ‘mandatory’.
Payroll is a bi-weekly process reflecting employees in Ontario, Manitoba, USA, and the UK
• Collect, review and post weekly employee time sheets
• Ensure all salaries, bonus, taxable benefits and employee changes are processed accurately
• Review and prepare forms – such as records of employment, income tax forms, and remittances (RRSP, 401k, T4, WSIB, EHT, etc.)
• Review, verify and approve deductions-at-source remittances and issue them to government and insurance agencies within prescribed timelines
• Review journal entries and accounts payable vouchers for all payroll transactions
• Perform year-end functions
• Reconcile payroll records to general ledger accounts (vacation accruals, banked overtime accruals, source deductions, pensions etc.)
Transition from paying current (with adjustments 2 weeks behind), to paying two weeks in arrears
• You’ve gathered a minimum of 5 years’ solid experience in end-to-end payroll activities with strong comprehension of payroll practices, methods, internal controls and accounting concepts
• Experience processing pay for salary and hourly employees with overtime and banked overtime
• You’re highly skilled with ADP payroll systems, and Microsoft Excel
• You have strong knowledge of payroll policies and procedures, audits, income tax forms, sick pay, and group RRSP/RPP plans and the obligations under the Employment Standards Act of all provinces throughout Canada and working knowledge of current Provincial legislation related to payroll practices and standards
The successful candidate will:
• Have a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and provide exceptional customer service
• Realize the importance of sensitive information and will handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Forward resume to: email@example.com