Our client, a noted Crown Corporation, requires a Senior Procurement and Contracting Specialist.
The Senior Advisor, Procurement and Contracting is responsible for providing advice, and leading the full procurement life-cycle for complex goods and services necessary to support the organization in meeting its operational objectives with considerable autonomy.
National and International Procurement experience is mandatory
Policy , Procedures, Programs and Regulations
- Lead the full-cycle procurement process, and provide procurement expertise to management and project authorities in the development of procurement strategy documents associated with complex acquisitions.
- Provide recommendations in the development and implementation of refinements to systems, policies, and procedures to support current and future procurement requirements of the organization.
- Aid in defining procurement sourcing solutions and strategies and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead the contract lifecycle process providing advice to management and project authorities on any contract related issues.
- Prepare reports and compile corporate statistics on procurement and contracting data.
- Maintain correspondence, files, records, and other documents in support of their function.
Partnerships and Stakeholder Relations
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with management and project authorities to provide advice and guidance on all facets of procurement management, including support through the procurement lifecycle.
- Partner with management and project authorities to jointly identify current and future business requirements, develop forecasts, and procurement strategies to support the forecasts.
- Provide information to management of available procurement services to assist in meeting corporate objectives and advocate best practices.
- Draft recommendations to management concerning contracting policies, procedures and service delivery standards.
Research and develop responses to queries, complaints and emerging issues from the public and private sectors, potential bidders, ministerial inquiries and other requests for information pertaining to the contracting process used Provide information to suppliers, contractors, management and project authorities
Act as a Subject Matter Expert in complicated/escalated procurement situations.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a specialization in Commerce, Procurement or another specialty relevant to the duties of the position;
A minimum of six (6) years of experience in the procurement field;
A minimum of four (4) years of experience providing advice and assistance to clients and providing interpretation of policies and procedures;
In-depth knowledge and experience in the full procurement life cycle for goods and services; analyzing requirements, determining procurement method, preparing documents, request for proposals (RFPs), evaluations and contracts;
Experience formulating reviewing and writing complex contracting documents including requests for proposal, evaluation reports, contracting agreements and corporate standing offers;
Experience leading negotiations with external parties;
Knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in procurement and contracting.
Supply Chain Canada certification or other certification relevant to the duties of the position;
Knowledge of the Government procurement environment;
Knowledge of contracting for IT related goods and services;
- Knowledge of acts and regulations that govern procurement and contracting activities in Canada;
- Knowledge of CATSA’s mandate and priorities, as well as an awareness of relevant legislations impacting CATSA;
- Knowledge of the aviation industry and the related regulatory and security issues.
VI. Other Job Requirements
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Language Profile: Fluently Bilingual
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org