Must be United States Citizen
Our client is a world leader in the design and construction of gas turbine engine test equipment and facilities, has a requirement for a Senior Gas Turbine Applications Engineer in Cincinnati, Ohio – USA. This would be a one /two/three-year contract with options for renewal.
As a Gas Turbine Application Engineer, you will apply gas turbine engine testing experience to data acquisition solutions. You will play an integral role in supporting our customers’ engine testing needs. Everything from pre-sale support, client design meetings, to final testing and on-site configuration with the customer.
This role is an on-site position at a client’s facility in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Training will take place at our client’s facility in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The successful candidate will play a key role in defining and executing the client’s plan to roll out a new Data Acquisition System across the organization.
What you will be doing:
- Apply gas turbine engine testing expertise to offer support and guidance to a team operating a test cell.
- Become an expert in Data Acquisition, and train customers and others in the organization to a similar level of expertise.
- Apply understanding of complex DAS network architecture and customer test specifications to define parameters to be measured during engine test and provide guidance to customers.
- Understand the full DAS environment of a given customer (Instrumentation, Software, Networking) and be able to make recommendations to accommodate specific test situations.
- Support on-site installation and commissioning of the data acquisition system and engine configuration.
- Provide on-site support for operation of data acquisition systems during the commissioning phase and during normal operations.
- Troubleshoot and train others to be able to troubleshoot and help the customer resolve issues with automation scripts, crash logs, software configuration, network configuration, etc.
- Prepare and deliver customer training to enable customers and others to fully install, commission, and support a Data Acquisition System.
- Prepare and deliver training for customers to be able to design display pages, manage configurations, and create test scripts as required to operate and monitor the engine and facility during test.
- Liaise with customers to provide support for data acquisition systems and engine testing.
- Must be willing and able to travel within North America for extended periods.
- While on-site, you will be the primary contact for our customers. A strong drive and motivation to help customers succeed is a must!
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working with gas turbine engines in a test cell environment
- Degree/Diploma in aerospace, electrical, or computer engineering.
- Experience supporting or working directly with Data Acquisition Software.
- Experience in working directly with customers is essential.
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux networking and configuration.
- Power-user level experience with Microsoft Excel (forecasting, named ranges, macros) would be an asset.
- While this is not a “coding” position, this candidate is expected to have a solid understanding of software engineering best practices, and applied expertise in scripting languages like Python.
- Experience with the Linux operating system would be an asset.
- Due to security requirements US citizenship is a must.
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org*