Our client is a premiere integrator of process automation and control systems. They are recruiting for the position of Senior Security Systems Technician for their Ottawa location. The successful candidate will have a technical background, and will be responsible for the programming, installation, and service of various Security systems. 3-5 years experience in security-related technologies is required.
Mandatory: 3-5 Years working as a Security Technician
Must be willing to travel frequently (50%).
Must have strong Organizational Skills
Experience with MS Office including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
Clean Criminal Record / Clean Driver’s Abstract
Experience Working with Electronics
• Ability to interpret electrical wiring diagrams
• Experience working with equipment including but not limited to:
o Form A / Form C Relays
o AC and DC Low Voltage Power Supplies
o Components such as Resistors, LED’s, Diodes
• Ability to terminate Analog and IP-based camera cabling
• Experience configuring and focusing analog and IP camera systems
Basic Networking Experience
• Understanding of basic IP principles and best-practices
Video Management System Certifications (VMS)
• Examples are: Genetec, Milestone, Avigilon
Access Control Certifications
• Examples are: CCURE, Kantech, Lenel, AMAG
PWGSC Security Clearance
• Secret is preferable- Reliability is acceptable.
Intermediate Networking Experience
• Physical Network
o Fibre Optic terminations
o Data cabling
o Experience deploying small to medium business sized network solutions, emphasis on the relation to IP CCTV.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Installation of Security equipment as required.
• Communicate with Team to ensure the project success.
• Installation, service and termination of IP based and analog CCTV (closed circuit television systems).
• Installation, service and termination of Intercom systems.
• Installation, service and termination of Card Access systems.
• Installation, service and termination of PLC Control panels.
• Connection of co-axial and network communication cables.
• Programming of various security-related platforms.
• Review and interpretation of electrical drawings.
• Packaging and unpacking of material.
• Documentation of “As Built” changes to installation design.
• Use of Company Nucleus application time sheet module (training provided).
• Proper care and maintenance of all corporate assets.
• Able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Compliance with Security Health and Safety program.
Qualifications and Skills
• Exceptional computer and networking skills required.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proven analytical, organizational, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Strong customer relationship skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills in order to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and team-oriented abilities.
• Valid drivers license due to travel requirements.
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will preferably have a combination of education and work experience.
• Post-Secondary Diploma in electronic security, electronics, or relevant field.
• Manufacturer certifications (Genetec, Milestone, Kantech, DSC).
• Salary will commensurate with education and work experience.
• A competitive benefits package is offered to its Full-Time employees, including health benefits, Employer RRSP matching, flexible work schedules, and travel/food per diems, etc.
We thank all applicants, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org