Our Federal Government client requires a Telecommunications Analyst to provide telecom and networking services.
Working under the direction of the Manager, Transformation Liaison and Issues Management, provides overall telecom support in the following areas:
– Wireless (BB, cell phone and modems)
– Landline circuits (for monitoring etc.)
– Internet DSL
– Virtual contact centre
– Satellite (fixed and mobile including phones)
– Toll free
– Calling cards
2. This support is in the form of:
a. Client Support:
– Perform pre-order requirements analysis with clients.
– Provide technical recommendations.
– Assist with ordering through Shared Services Canada (SSC).
– Follow-up regarding service activation.
b. Service Management:
– Assist in managing telecom device inventories.
– Recommends changes to improve service management practices and processes.
– Assist with problem isolation/identification and resulting device replacement if required.
– Work with SSC Service Delivery Management team and service lines as required.
– Maintains inventory of spare VC systems and A/V components.
– Reviews client requests and requirements.
– Coordinates development of solutions with involvement of SSC and service providers.
– Coordinates implementation of project and individual VC solutions with SSC, Facility Management and service providers.
– Provides the Manager with usage summary reports when requested, based on usage statistics provided by the SSC service line.
d. Project Support:
– Provides telecom support for moves and renovation projects in support of Facility Management, liaising with SSC service lines.
– Supports National Telecom Projects to provide close communication and coordination with HQ, regional and site contacts.
Number Mandatory Criteria
The Resource must be capable of communicating effectively, orally and in writing, in both official languages (i.e. English and French).
The resource has a minimum of five (5) years of recent experience (i.e. within the past 7 years) performing telecommunications support and administration tasks per the statement of work.
Conferencing Services Support:
The resource has a minimum of five (5) years of verifiable experience in providing technical support and guidance for audio and video conferencing users.
Conferencing Infrastructure Support:
The resource has a minimum of five (5) years of verifiable experience in supporting/testing/troubleshooting audio and video conferencing equipment and infrastructure.
We thank all interest, but only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org